TOP TEN TOOTHBRUSHING MISTAKES by WeMD
No. 10: Not Changing the toothbrush often enough
No.9: Not letting the toothbrush dry
No. 8: Not following up with a rinse
No. 7: Skipping the inner tooth surface
No. 6: Starting in the same place each time
No. 5: Not brushing correctly
No. 4: Brushing too often or too hard
No. 3: Not brushing often enough or long enough
No.2: Not picking the right bristles
No. 1: Not using the right toothbrush.
At Gallery57Dental we encourage proper tooth brushing. Here are a few quick facts that will help you:
- Proper brushing takes at least two minutes (To get a feel for the time involved, try using a stopwatch)
- To properly brush your teeth, use short, gentle strokes, paying extra attention to the gum line and fillings.
- Tilt the brush at a 45 degree angle towards the gum line sweeping away.
- You should replace your tooth brush when it starts to show wear or every 6 months.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue!