- Correct tooth crowding, crooked teeth and improper bite
- Reduce risk of gum disease and improve oral health
- Virtually invisible to others
- Removable aligners allow you to brush, floss and eat like normal
- Perfect smile solution for adults and teenagers
- Easy treatment process
- No impressions required with digital scans
The Clear Choice For Straightening Teeth
Improve your smile with Invisalign. They are an easy, effective choice for correcting problems such as teeth crowding, crooked teeth as well as reducing the risk of gum disease and tooth decay. Unlike metal braces, they are virtually invisible to others and are removable which allows you to brush, floss and eat as you normally would.
How easy is Clear Aligner Orthodontic Treatment? During your first visit, we will take a quick digital scan with no messy impressions and then fit custom aligners specifically for you. Subsequent appointments are just 15 minutes during which our experienced Invisalign trained doctors will monitor the progress of your case and ensure the fit of new aligners. Appropriate for teenagers and adults, you are never too old to get the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted! Learn more…
Before And After Photos
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an alternative to traditional orthodontics. Instead of using metal bands and wires to move the patient’s teeth, Invisalign uses clear acrylic aligner trays. The patient wears each tray, one top, and one bottom, for a period of two weeks. In this time, the aligners maintain gentle pressure on the teeth to move a partial amount of the patient’s total end goal. Then the patient discards this set of trays and goes to the next set in the series. This process continues until the teeth have moved to their final end position.
What are the benefits of Invisalign over traditional braces?
Some people think that because Invisalign doesn’t use metal, wires, and rubber bands that it can’t really do the work necessary to move and straighten the teeth. That couldn’t be further from reality. Invisalign actually has numerous benefits over traditional braces:
- Cosmetic appeal — Aligners are virtually invisible. A person talking to you when you’re wearing your aligners can’t even you’re wearing them.
- Less discomfort — There are no bands to rub on your lips and cheeks. There are no wires to poke your tongue and cheeks.
- Easy hygiene — Compared to the hassle and difficulty of keeping your teeth clean with braces, Invisalign is ridiculously easy: for brushing and flossing, simply remove the aligner trays.
- Eat whatever you want — With traditional braces, if you want to eat corn, it needs to be cut off the cob. Apples and similar foods also need to be cut up or avoided altogether. You can eat whatever you want with Invisalign, as you simply remove the trays when eating.
- Greater flexibility — Play an instrument or need to wear a sports mouth guard? You can either remove the aligner trays, or leave them on as they won’t dig into your lips as braces do.
- No tightening sessions — Tightening sessions with metal braces can lead to days of intense aching afterwards. This doesn’t happen with Invisalign. Your new aligners put more pressure on the teeth, but the degree of soreness is not remotely like braces.
- Little or no impact on daily life — Invisalign® basically allows the patient to eat, brush, and live normally, all the while straightening his or her teeth.
Who is a Good Candidate?
- Perfect smile solution for teenagers and adults
- Patients with gaps or spaces between teeth
- Correcting crowded teeth
- Straightening teeth
- Patients willing to wear aligners approximately 22 hours each day
How long do I need to wear my Invisalign aligner trays every day?
When we’re explaining the Invisalign system to patients, we stress the importance of consistency. Patients need to wear their aligner trays at least 20-22 hours every day. Really the only time to take them out is for eating and cleaning your teeth. This may seem like a long time, but once your trays are in most people forget they’re even wearing them. Plus, remember that traditional braces are on 24 hours a day.
How long will it take to straighten my teeth with Invisalign?
This is another surprising thing about Invisalign — it usually requires less time to move the teeth. Traditional braces average around two years to straighten the teeth. Invisalign averages between 12-14 months to achieve the same results.
Will Invisalign affect my speech?
You may have heard rumors of an “Invisalign lisp.” It is true that some patients develop a temporary lisp when wearing their aligner trays. A lisp is a speech defect that causes “s” and “z” sounds to be pronounced as “th.” Lisps are caused by improper tongue placement inside the mouth during speech. This affects airflow and pronunciation.
Some patients with Invisalign (and with traditional braces, by the way) develop lisps because the aligner trays alter the space within their mouth, causing the tongue to move a little differently, and altering some pronunciation. The vast majority of patients simply adjust to the thin plastic trays and the temporary lisp is quickly gone.
Can I chew gum when wearing my aligner trays?
No, patients should only drink water when wearing their trays. Chewing with them in can affect the fit of the trays. Plus, if you eat anything with them in, it is easy for food particles to get inside the trays, which also isn’t good.
How do I clean my aligner trays?
We’ll explain how to keep your trays clean. You have options. Because you can simply take out your aligners and brush them with your toothbrush, keeping both your teeth and your aligners clean is much easier than with traditional braces. You remove them and gently brush them every night with a toothbrush. You can also soak your aligners in denture cleaner, Retainer Brite®, or the official Invisalign® crystals to keep them clean and sanitized. Or, another option is to use clear anti-bacterial soft hand soap to clean your aligners.
“My teeth were crooked and as time went on, they became more overcrowded, overlapping on the bottom. I finally decided to get Invsalign at Gallery 57 Dental. The treatment went much faster than expected and I LOVE the result. It’s one of those, ‘why did I wait so long to do this moments’!”
– Jody S.