Invisalign® orthodontics is becoming a popular way to address misaligned teeth in the smile. Gaps and overcrowding are common issues that can occur and used to be treated with traditional orthodontics only. Now, patients can use Invisalign® aligner trays to achieve a straighter smile without the embarrassment of metal appliances. This series of customized trays need to be kept clean in order to function at their best, and our team takes time to educate you on how to maintain your trays while in use.
How Do I Care For My Invisalign® Trays?
Our team at Gallery 57 Dental understands that each tray needs to be used for two weeks at a time. This is critical to ensuring the best possible results in the quoted timeframe from our dental team.
Below are several recommendations for caring for and cleaning your Invisalign® aligner trays:
- Rinse your trays with cold or lukewarm water each time you remove them from your mouth. This helps to prevent bacteria buildup and keep them clean.
- Regularly brush your trays with a soft toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste each time you brush your own teeth.
- Avoid eating or drinking anything other than water while wearing the trays, as it can cause discoloration and damage to the material.
- When not in use, store your trays away from heat sources such as direct sunlight or heat radiators.
- Make sure to keep your trays out of reach of pets or younger children who may chew on them.
By following these recommendations, you can keep your Invisalign® trays clean and functional throughout your treatment.
Why Choose Gallery 57 Dental for Your Invisalign® Treatment?
Our dentists have decades of combined experience in providing general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry and can educate you on the services you can obtain at our state-of-the-art dental office. We are committed to ensuring everyone is confident with healthy, beautiful smiles!
Learn More About Invisalign® Orthodontics
If you are curious if you are a candidate for Invisalign orthodontics or have questions about your current treatment, do not hesitate to reach out to your dentist at Gallery 57 Dental in New York, NY. Call 212-249-8700 to request a visit with our experienced staff!