We have reopened our office and look forward to welcoming you back!
NY state has officially allowed dental practices to start seeing patients on a routine basis as of June 1, 2020. In preparation, we reviewed new protocols with our staff and made sure everything is in place for a safe return to practice for everyone. We will be able to see emergencies this week and we will be booking routine care and visits with the hygienist starting next week.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
• You are required to wear a mask upon entering our building.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
• We will also be using our back exit to decrease any potential congestion at the front desk area.
• We have enhanced the air filtration system in the entire office.
• We have adopted hospital grade disinfection procedures to clean operatories after patient treatment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.