7 Foods That Get Your Teeth Into Tip-Top Shape
- Posted on: Mar 20 2014
Give your mouth something to talk about. Prevention Magazine recently discussed the 7 foods that are good for your body and improve oral health:
- Carrots – WebMD informs us that carrots have been around at least 5000 years. They’re an excellent source of vitamin A and loaded with beta-carotene. What you may not know is that chewing these crunchy critters timulates saliva production, which helps clean plaque from teeth and freshen breath.
- Cauliflower – This veggie may be pale in comparison to others, but Livestrong.com assures us that its nutrients help strengthen the immune system and protect against the development of cancer. Cauliflower also triggers namel-protecting saliva when eaten raw. It contains chemical compounds that may ward off cancer tumors in the mouth and digestive tract.
- Cheese – A VIP in the world of nutrition, cheese is renown for containing calcium, vitamin D and vitamin K2. When you say “cheese”, these chemicals help fight decay and rebuild tooth enamel to keep you smiling proud.
- Salmon – Good for the body and soul, salmon is packed with essential nutrients -protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. It is also a great source of enamel-building phosphorus ,making your teeth look its whitest.
- Spinach – Popeye’s favorite snack helped him fight off osteoporosis, heart disease, arthritis and several types of cancer according to Livestrong.com. Spinach also a huge source of enamel-building magnesium.
- Apples – Apple’s rough texture has a scrubbing effect on plaque-covered teeth and gums, while the malic acid it contains can slightly lighten tooth color.
- Strawberries – The shapely strawberry protects your heart, increases good cholesterol, lowers blood pressure and guards against cancer. On the tooth front, strawberry’s chemicals suppress bacteria growth. Caution: Brush your teeth after eating to avoid staining your tooth enamel.
Posted in: Uncategorized